FPS Creator X10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birds of Paradise - 'Sci-Fi Meets Reality'

+3
Jason Brook
mgarand
DarthDementous
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Birds of Paradise - 'Sci-Fi Meets Reality' Empty Birds of Paradise - 'Sci-Fi Meets Reality'

Post  DarthDementous Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Birds of Paradise - 'Sci-Fi Meets Reality' Birdso10
This game has Teen Content. Rated by TIGRS™
Moderate Language
Realistic Violence
Realistic Bloodshed
Suggestive Themes
Alcohol Reference
Drug Reference
I'm going to be keeping this project pretty tight under-wraps. I'm doing this to prevent too much hype, which leads to disappointment upon the release day. But I will tell you a bit about it now.
->Birds of Paradise (BoP) will be one of the more unique FPSC X10 games of the year. It will offer all the graphical features of X10, along with MANY custom hi-res textures, including ones I've posted here!
->BoP will take place in the future, but it's not quite what you'd expect. The future holds robots, massive skyscrapers dominating city skylines, poverty, Religious Cults, Rogue Police, and Assassins!
->Use a huge variety of cool weapons such as...
Dual pistols, *katana swords*, dual submachineguns, *hand-to-hand combat*, *grenades*, *hi-tech shotguns*, *shields*
*=not made yet
->There's a big variety of enemies like...
Cultists, *police officers*, thugs, *assassins*, military, more will be added.
*=not made yet
->Experience cinematic gameplay with a cast of skilled voice actors and jaw-dropping locales.
->What's up with the name? Bird of Paradise is a kind of bird found in New Guinea, Australia, and Indonesia. They were hunted for their feathers, almost to extinction. Just as the birds of paradise were hunted down for the gifts they posses, so is the main character of the game, Sin. She has a 'gift' that many people want. That is why the Police, Military, Cultists, and the gangs all try to use her for her gift. Whether it's by fake-friendship or by force, people want Sin's 'gift'.
->What's Sin's gift? I won't tell you...yet!
->I will NOT include any more information at this time.
->I need a modeller and a scripter for my team! If you are interested, TELL ME!
(Voice actors, modellers, and scripters have UNLIMITED access to any Media and Games I create, have created, and will create---FOREVER!)
Here is a video:

Birds of Paradise Trailer 1 from Darth Dementous on Vimeo.

Last edited by DarthDementous on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
DarthDementous
DarthDementous
Newsletter Editor and Moderator

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-11-05

http://www.dementousorder.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Birds of Paradise - 'Sci-Fi Meets Reality' Empty Re: Birds of Paradise - 'Sci-Fi Meets Reality'

Post  mgarand Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:14 am

sorry to say, but how can you make 2 games with no team ......
maybe you need to release your first game (something with book) and then this.
mgarand
mgarand
Advanced Contributer
Advanced Contributer

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Birds of Paradise - 'Sci-Fi Meets Reality' Empty Re: Birds of Paradise - 'Sci-Fi Meets Reality'

Post  DarthDementous Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:21 am

mgarand wrote:sorry to say, but how can you make 2 games with no team ......
maybe you need to release your first game (something with book) and then this.
I sorta lost interest in Blue Book >_<
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  mgarand Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:01 am

well why dont you delete that topic and make you ready to make a real project..
mgarand
mgarand
Advanced Contributer
Advanced Contributer

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:09 am

mgarand wrote:well why dont you delete that topic and make you ready to make a real project..
I don't see any harm in keeping Blue Book up there. I'll probably end up going back to it in a few weeks anyway.
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Brook Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:13 am

Blue book is locked until then send me a PM when you are ready to continue with it if ever.
Jason Brook
Jason Brook
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-10-26

https://fpscx10.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:18 am

Jason Brook wrote:Blue book is locked until then send me a PM when you are ready to continue with it if ever.
Alright, thank you.
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  uthink Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:48 am

You are really promising a lot with this game.
Best of luck with delivery.
uthink
uthink
Basic Contributer
Basic Contributer

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:49 am

uthink wrote:You are really promising a lot with this game.
Best of luck with delivery.
Thanks. The real challenge is not losing interest. I have a terrible habit of not finishing anything because of that.
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:12 pm

UPDATE:
Blue Book Level 1 is almost complete. It features a rooftop-to-rooftop jumping kind of thing. You also get to scale the side of a building and break in through a window. I am still in need of voice actors, so any voices would be nice. They don't need to be American. British, Australian, Russian, any voice as long as you can speak clearly in english (an accent is okay, as long as I can understand you!)
Also, voice actors get unlimited access to any segments and games I make, will make, have made, and will ever make!
Also, I will reveal the main character's name: Sin
The main portion of the game will take place in a city called Paradise.
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  rakker126 Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Nice but it is a bit over lighted
rakker126
rakker126
Expert Contributer
Expert Contributer

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:46 pm

rakker126 wrote:Nice but it is a bit over lighted
Yeah, I'm still working on getting the lighting just right. I want it to be a bright game, but not too bright. It's pretty tough finding the right level, but I'll find it Very Happy
**Updated first post with more info on story and characters and the meaning of the name of the game**
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  rakker126 Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:48 pm

I don' t know or i can help but if i can tell me (-;
rakker126
rakker126
Expert Contributer
Expert Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:49 pm

rakker126 wrote:I don' t know or i can help but if i can tell me (-;
Do you know how to model or script? If so, I could REALLY use your help Very Happy
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  rakker126 Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Only a little bit i' m afraid.... Neutral I would love to help but i' m not sire of i can...
rakker126
rakker126
Expert Contributer
Expert Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ven Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:45 pm

this looks really good. keep up the good work.
Ven
Ven

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:17 am

I've been working on some CGI to use for the cinematics in BoP. What I'm about to show you is WIP. Please tell me if you think I should continue. (The video is bad quality)

Birds of Paradise CGI Test 1 from Darth Dementous on Vimeo.
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  uthink Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:09 pm

By all means yes. If a cut-scene will advance the story of the game, then it's a good method to use. You don't have to make a mini-movie like the intro to Crysis, or Gears of War. But please, please have an actual storyline you're trying to move. IMHO, you can never spend enough time on the story. Otherwise you've just got a run-and-gun game. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're into.

I spend about 60% of game dev time just working on cut-scenes and hi-res models for them.
uthink
uthink
Basic Contributer
Basic Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 pm

uthink wrote:By all means yes. If a cut-scene will advance the story of the game, then it's a good method to use. You don't have to make a mini-movie like the intro to Crysis, or Gears of War. But please, please have an actual storyline you're trying to move. IMHO, you can never spend enough time on the story. Otherwise you've just got a run-and-gun game. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're into.

I spend about 60% of game dev time just working on cut-scenes and hi-res models for them.
Yeah, one of my main focuses is story. Each of my characters is fully voiced and filled with life. Since I'm a writer, I'm pretty good at coming up with stories, so it should turn out well.
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  uthink Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:30 am

Since I'm a writer, I'm pretty good at coming up with stories, so it should turn out well.

From your lips to God's ears. LOL I thought I was good until I started working with a real scriptwriter. He had to redo 90% of what I've done. Never realized how different scripts are from stories. (Apart from the obvious) And I hate to admit it, but his changes were really good and made a great difference. It was a big hit to my ego, but it really pays to work with others. Of course, how do you find people who are willing to help you for no money??? Barter my friend, barter!

Happy gaming!
uthink
uthink
Basic Contributer
Basic Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 am

uthink wrote:
Since I'm a writer, I'm pretty good at coming up with stories, so it should turn out well.

From your lips to God's ears. LOL I thought I was good until I started working with a real scriptwriter. He had to redo 90% of what I've done. Never realized how different scripts are from stories. (Apart from the obvious) And I hate to admit it, but his changes were really good and made a great difference. It was a big hit to my ego, but it really pays to work with others. Of course, how do you find people who are willing to help you for no money??? Barter my friend, barter!

Happy gaming!
Sadly, I don't have any means of paying people. I have no PayPal or anything >_<
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  uthink Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:08 am

That's why I said Barter. I've made textures for people. Made models for them. Written programs for them. Created soundtracks for them. Some people just want credit. I think they want to be a part of my project because they see how professional I am. I actually have tons of documentation. Story outlines, character profiles, storyboards, timelines, research documents, marketing plans, etc. I'd easily try to help someone out if I thought they had their act together. But as we all know, very few people ever finish their game.

What's great about the web is that you can work with people from all over the world. We have webcams and have online meetings. We use online collaboration tools.

You're a writer, maybe editing work for others could be traded? Don't know, but just take an inventory of your skills. Or just be nice to people, show them you are serious, and maybe they'll help out. I know you're young and still learning a lot. But no doubt you've seen that it can be overwhelming to do game development along. You've got to have an idea, write a story, plan a project, develop characters, create models and content, animate, lip sync, edit, music, create cutscene scripts, edit video, write game scripts and code, and a host of other things. It's a lot to do alone. In fact, I'm tired and will shut up now. LOL

Woo Hoo! My 40th post and another star!
uthink
uthink
Basic Contributer
Basic Contributer

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:13 am

uthink wrote:That's why I said Barter. I've made textures for people. Made models for them. Written programs for them. Created soundtracks for them. Some people just want credit. I think they want to be a part of my project because they see how professional I am. I actually have tons of documentation. Story outlines, character profiles, storyboards, timelines, research documents, marketing plans, etc. I'd easily try to help someone out if I thought they had their act together. But as we all know, very few people ever finish their game.

What's great about the web is that you can work with people from all over the world. We have webcams and have online meetings. We use online collaboration tools.

You're a writer, maybe editing work for others could be traded? Don't know, but just take an inventory of your skills. Or just be nice to people, show them you are serious, and maybe they'll help out. I know you're young and still learning a lot. But no doubt you've seen that it can be overwhelming to do game development along. You've got to have an idea, write a story, plan a project, develop characters, create models and content, animate, lip sync, edit, music, create cutscene scripts, edit video, write game scripts and code, and a host of other things. It's a lot to do alone. In fact, I'm tired and will shut up now. LOL

Woo Hoo! My 40th post and another star!
Yeah, it can be very tiresome working on a big game all alone. Luckily, I've got support Very Happy
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 am

UPDATE: CGI Test 2
Tell me what you think about it!

Birds of Paradise CGI Test 2 from Darth Dementous on Vimeo.
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  Jingle Fett Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Very nice, I like the girl Wink Did you do the animations yourself?
Jingle Fett
Jingle Fett

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next