FPS Creator X10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD!

4 posters

Go down

SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD! Empty SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD!

Post  DarthDementous Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:41 am

I really need ironsights in my game. If someone could find out how to do this and post it here, I would give you all my X10 segments for free! I really need this feature, thanks!
DarthDementous
DarthDementous
Newsletter Editor and Moderator

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-11-05

http://www.dementousorder.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD! Empty Re: SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD!

Post  JohannesM Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:18 am

Try to make it work as a scope.
JohannesM
JohannesM
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD! Empty Re: SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD!

Post  DarthDementous Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:45 am

JohannesM wrote:Try to make it work as a scope.
Yeah, that would probably be the easiest way to do it. But I don't know how D:
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  Jingle Fett Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, make a custom shooting and idle animation with the gun being in the right position, and then adjust the gunspec so that these animations are played when zoomed in. And of course, you set the zoom level to really low and without the scope overlay.

I believe that's how it's done with regular X9 (Errant AI's guns in the store support it and explains how. It's enhanced for the efx and ply's mod, but says that you could manually enable it for unmodded X9 by editing the animation ranges in the gunspec). So I imagine it'd be the same with X10...
Includes iron sights animations. Ironsights work automatically in AirMod 0.6 or later. In unmodded FPSC, iron sights view can be set by editing the animation ranges in gunspec.txt (reccomended for intermediate and advanced users only)

Last edited by Jingle Fett on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jingle Fett
Jingle Fett

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD! Empty Report post to moderator or admin * Lock post for new reports SCRIPT REQUEST: Ironsights ---- WILL GIVE REWARD!

Post  Rampage Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Yes, its not a matter of scripting, you would need to make your own custom animations, and until Lee releases an X10 source I don't think we will be seeing any realistic ones for some time...Although you could use the old method like people above me have said before. Make an image, of your Iron Sight, then you can go to the guns gunspec and add scope = myscope.tga or whatever, its pretty un-affective though... Shocked
Rampage
Rampage

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-21

http://www.DevilmouseHQ.com (NOT UP YET)

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Alright, I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks guys Smile
DarthDementous
DarthDementous

Back to top Go down

Post  Jingle Fett Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Rampage wrote:Yes, its not a matter of scripting, you would need to make your own custom animations, and until Lee releases an X10 source I don't think we will be seeing any realistic ones for some time...Although you could use the old method like people above me have said before. Make an image, of your Iron Sight, then you can go to the guns gunspec and add scope = myscope.tga or whatever, its pretty un-affective though... Shocked

I don't think it'd be with an image though. According to Errant AI, his weapons' ironsights work even in an unmodded version of X9, so it only makes sense that it'd work in X10 too. You'd have to take your model file, the one of the gun, and add a new firing and idle animation after all the regular standard ones that you'd have to make anyways. The new animations would simply be the same as the regular ones, but with the gun in the center of the screen.
@Darth Dem:
What I would advise you to do is either talk to Errant AI and ask him how he did it and if it could be done in X10. Or, buy one of his guns in the store, and try to get them to work in X10 (if they don't already), and then study the files to see how you could make your own. If I really needed ironsights for my game, that's what I would do anyways.
Jingle Fett
Jingle Fett

Back to top Go down

Post  Rampage Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Oh you can make it work in official, what he doesn't say is that if you try that, it will go into Iron Sight mode, but you won't be able to get back into normal view.
Rampage
Rampage

Back to top Go down

Post  Jingle Fett Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:14 pm

Ooh, I see. Yea, I guess you would somehow need to be able to have different firing modes or something like that in order to be able to switch between them...
Jingle Fett
Jingle Fett

Back to top Go down

Post  Rampage Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:52 pm

Yeep, its a feature of Airmod 0.6, therefor every other mod...Yet another reason why X10 needs modification support...
Rampage
Rampage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down