FPS Creator X10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visual Upgrades

5 posters

Go down

Visual Upgrades Empty Visual Upgrades

Post  Jingle Fett Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:44 pm

This is just to keep things organized.
Post any visual upgrades or features you'd like to see added to FPSC X10 here.
Jingle Fett
Jingle Fett

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Visual Upgrades Empty Re: Visual Upgrades

Post  Jingle Fett Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 pm

I'll start this off with what was promised to us, but never delivered! On the X10 website it says X10 has support for Parallax Mapping and Soft Particles, yet these features are missing. I'd really like to be able to add parallax mapping to my character models and segment...I can think of some really nifty things I could do if it was supported...particularly getting an even higher level of detail for even better performance out of characters and segments.
Jingle Fett
Jingle Fett

Back to top Go down

Post  Slayer_2 Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Try using the decal "Steam1" or "Smoke" in your level for particle effects. And I don't know how Parallex Mapping differs from Bump or Normal mapping.
Slayer_2
Slayer_2
Basic Contributer
Basic Contributer

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Jingle Fett Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Yea, but you can only have one in the whole level. I guess that would be a bug...but still, how do we make our own? Parallax mapping is like normal mapping but taken to the extremes. You can get actual 3d effects on a surface...

I'll add depth of view to the list. Also, and this is the most absolutely most important one...motion blur. Motion blur is simply a must-have in FPS and action games. Oh, and being able to move the camera around. Like making it bobble when running, that sort of thing.
Jingle Fett
Jingle Fett

Back to top Go down

Post  DarthDementous Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Jingle Fett wrote:Yea, but you can only have one in the whole level. I guess that would be a bug...but still, how do we make our own? Parallax mapping is like normal mapping but taken to the extremes. You can get actual 3d effects on a surface...

I'll add depth of view to the list. Also, and this is the most absolutely most important one...motion blur. Motion blur is simply a must-have in FPS and action games. Oh, and being able to move the camera around. Like making it bobble when running, that sort of thing.
Motion blur is definitely needed. And so is Depth of Field. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see them in any updates.
DarthDementous
DarthDementous
Newsletter Editor and Moderator
Newsletter Editor and Moderator

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-11-05

http://www.dementousorder.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jingle Fett Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 pm

I wouldn't be so sure...efx mod has motion blur, and if they want X10 to sell, it has to do everything X9 can do and then some. Otherwise people wouldn't have a reason to buy it--it's more expensive, and isn't better than a modded version of X9? If they want X10 to sell, they have to satisfy the die-hard X9 user's needs or at least most of them...
Jingle Fett
Jingle Fett

Back to top Go down

Visual Upgrades Empty Visual Upgrades

Post  Rampage Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:31 pm

To bad, X9 is getting all the attention until the end of the migration. So we wont see any good updates for a while...Sad
But yes, motion blur would be awesome, and X10 modification support would be easier as well, then we wont have to wait for Lee all the time, but meh. Rolling Eyes
Rampage
Rampage

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-21

http://www.DevilmouseHQ.com (NOT UP YET)

Back to top Go down

Post  First Company Veteran Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:59 am

Geez, motion blur'll kill my 8400GS. I can run it a 60fps (FRAPS measurement) with only 20 or so entities in a big room lol with the chugshot :S

I do think that a better recognisable shader could work, like with the ww2 segments, just a slight bit of specular and a normal map would do best (I would make them, but it doesn't recognise them).
First Company Veteran
First Company Veteran
Basic Contributer
Basic Contributer

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://www.hazzaslogos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down